My husband and I recently stayed twice at the Hotel Le Germain Toronto. I chose the hotel because of its affiliation with Tablet Hotels. I’m a member of the fee-based Tablet Plus program, which provides upgrades and amenities at certain of their properties.
Le Germain is a 122-room boutique hotel; while part of a (small) premium hotel group, it doesn’t feel anything like a chain. The ambiance is more urban chic than brash bling.
Our experience at the hotel was delightful, and we wish we could have stayed longer. Here, in no particular order, are 9 things we absolutely loved:
- The staff were all friendly and courteous, and the valet remembered us from one stay to the next. Admittedly only two days separated our stays, but it was nice to be welcomed back in such a personal way.
- We were upgraded on both stays, thanks to the TabletPlus* program. The first time to a Deluxe Room, the second time to a Luxury Room. Both were fantastic. We were partial to the walk-in shower in the Deluxe and the in-room wine bar in the Luxury.
- We loved the fresh apples and drinking water available in each floor’s lobby.
- It’s worth staying there JUST for the showers. The hotel is in a converted warehouse, so each floor has very high ceilings. The showers feature rainfall shower heads, positioned at about 8 feet. Pair that up with the Aveda toiletries and you’ve got bliss.
- The location is superb (depending on the purpose of your visit, of course). TIFF Bell Lightbox on one side, Second City on the other, a block away from the Sky Dome and the CN Tower, in the heart of the entertainment district. While there we never needed our car.
- A memorable (and complimentary) breakfast buffet. Six kinds of organic granolas; fresh and dried fruit; yogurt; toast, croissants, bagels and pastries, breeakfast meats, fresh fruit juices, coffee (latte, etc.) to order, and more.
- Free wireless throughout the property. THANK YOU.
- Bathroom stocked with a premium blowdryer (not the kind attached to the wall) and makeup mirror, PLUS a 3-way vanity mirror. Ladies, you know what I’m talking about here.
- All the room lights (as well as the built-in reading lights) can be controlled from the bed. Nice touch.
*Further amenities we received each stay, thanks to Tablet Plus: a welcome snack and note, a round of drinks from the bar, and a $20 credit to the hotel’s restaurant, Victor. We didn’t get to eat there, sadly, but hope to do so next time.
We did make use of the (complimentary) gym. It’s small but has a fine selection of cardio and weight equipment befitting the hotel’s size. Meeting and private dining rooms are available. The the hotel is dog-friendly for those who travel with canine family members.
Note: No consideration was sought or received for this post. We paid for our hotel room both nights, and I’m a paying member of Tablet Plus.
We look forward to returning!
Hotel Le Germain
30 Mercer Street
Toronto, ON M5V 1H3, Canada